Among approximately 3 million Medicare patients hospitalized for heart failure, heart attack or pneumonia, readmissions were frequent throughout the 30 days following the hospitalization, and resulted from a wide variety of diagnoses that often differed from the cause of the index hospitalization, according to a study appearing in the January 23/30 issue of JAMA.
Hospital readmission for older patients often for different illness
- 9 strategies to enhance patient experience, outcomes and your reputation
- 2 doses of HPV vaccine in girls may offer similar level of infection protection as 3 doses in young women
- Vitamin D shows no major effect on pain or slowing progression of knee osteoarthritis
- Increased risk of prostate cancer, thyroid cancer and multiple myeloma in 9-11 rescue and recovery workers
- Making community connectivity a reality