Among approximately 3 million Medicare patients hospitalized for heart failure, heart attack or pneumonia, readmissions were frequent throughout the 30 days following the hospitalization, and resulted from a wide variety of diagnoses that often differed from the cause of the index hospitalization, according to a study appearing in the January 23/30 issue of JAMA.
Hospital readmission for older patients often for different illness
- Intervention results in improved adherence to prescribing guidelines for bacterial respiratory tract infections of children
- Making community connectivity a reality
- 2 doses of HPV vaccine in girls may offer similar level of infection protection as 3 doses in young women
- Bringing focus and experience to the HIE discussion
- Overall population health in U.S. has improved, but lags behind other wealthy nations