Sullivan, Cotter and Associates, Inc. (SullivanCotter), a nationally-recognized compensation and human resource management consulting firm, announced that its 2012 Physician Compensation and Productivity Survey is now open for participation. The survey results, gathered through a secure web-based process, will provide a source of critical benchmarking information for hospitals, health systems and practices nationwide. For participants, the new online platform will also make completing the survey easier than ever before.
Kim Mobley, SullivanCotter Managing Principal responsible for Physician Compensation Thought Leadership, explained, "Participation and access to comprehensive, high-quality physician compensation, productivity and performance-based pay data is critical for health care organizations looking to recruit and retain talent while facing the constant pressures of a changing regulatory environment."
Widely acknowledged as the industry's leading and most comprehensive report on physician compensation and productivity, the 20th Annual edition of the survey will gather information on:
- Total cash compensation including: base salaries and incentive compensation for over 150 specialty areas
- Productivity data for clinically oriented providers (staff physicians, program directors and Advanced Practice Clinicians)
- Compensation data and scope metrics reflecting the size and complexity of physician leadership positions (medical directors/ division chiefs; department chairs and service line executives)
- Pay practices, including emerging practices related to use of quality, patient satisfaction and performance metrics
- Physician on-call pay for over 40 specialty areas, including restricted and unrestricted call pay
- Resident compensation
- Benefits costs, by position level and specialty
- Continuing medical education expenses, by position level and specialty
- Qualified and nonqualified deferred compensation contributions, by position level and specialty
Last year's survey contained data from 424 organizations covering 66,400 health care providers and included total cash compensation data on 212 physicians, PhD, advanced practice clinician (APC), residents, administrative MD and PhD specialties, as well as 8 medical group executive positions.
For more information on the 2012 Physician Compensation and Productivity Survey or to access the online survey tool, please visit https://sullivancotter.enetrix.com. The deadline to participate is April 6, 2012. The results from the survey will be made available in October 2012.
SullivanCotter is the leading independent consulting firm in the assessment and development of tailored total compensation and reward programs for tax-exempt, not-for-profit organizations. For more than 20 years, the firm has provided executive and employee compensation, governance, and physician compensation counsel to a wide variety of health care and higher education organizations, associations and foundations. A recognized leader in health care compensation benchmarking, trends and analyses, SullivanCotter has also developed the most widely recognized physician and health care executive compensation surveys in the United States. Building from this unparalleled data, the firm works closely with executives, boards and compensation committees to devise innovative solutions to attract and retain leadership talent while satisfying not-for-profit missions and regulatory requirements.