AAPC (www.aapc.com), the leader in enabling the business side of medicine, announced the CPPM™ (Certified Physician Practice Manager) credential. This advanced certification is designed for practice managers wanting to validate their expertise, and for those with strong coding/billing experience who are ready to advance their careers in practice management.
"Small- to mid-sized practices have struggled for years to find qualified business managers at reasonable cost," stated Dixon Davis, VP of practice management at AAPC. "AAPC's practice management training and credentialing enables those with the years of experience to fill in their knowledge gap and meet the demands of a modern practice. Whether it's revenue cycle management, compliance regulations, human resources, health information technology, or marketing, the CPPM™ training and credential will provide valuable knowledge for those hungry to push their career to the next level."
Practice management professionals successful at passing the 200-question CPPM™ exam will have demonstrated proficiency in:
- Health care business process and workflow
- Fraud, abuse and corporate compliance
- Medical office accounting, physician reimbursement, and revenue cycle management
- Human resource management
- Marketing and business relationships
- HIPAA and data security
- Health IT, EMRs, and health information exchange
- Options for CPPM™ exam preparation include a three month online practice management course, a course manual (for independent study), three day boot camps held periodically throughout the country, and a 50-question online practice exam.
AAPC (www.aapc.com) is the nation's largest training and credentialing association for the business side of medicine, with more than 115,000 members representing physician offices, outpatient facilities and payer environments. AAPC certifications validate the knowledge and expertise of health care professionals in disciplines including medical coding, auditing, compliance, and practice management. AAPC offers the industry-leading Certified Professional Coder (CPC®), Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA®), Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO®), and Certified Physician Practice Manager (CPPM™) credentials, along with more than 20 specialty-specific coding credentials. AAPC also provides a wide variety of continuing education, resources and networking opportunities.