Have you considered adding Twitter to your preferred resources for the latest ICD-10 information? With so much riding on the impending ICD-10 transition, it's important to be able to keep up with the latest news and recommendations, and Twitter undoubtedly provides a continuous feed.
Granted, it can be difficult to navigate through all the information Twitter puts out every second of every day. That's why we've assembled a list of ICD-10 tweeters you may want to follow. (In the interest of full disclosure, Steff Deschenes writes for @ICD10Watch, a MedTech Media publication affiliated with this website.)
1. Steve Sisko, @Shimcode, Steve is a healthcare business and technology guru. Along with learning, creating, sharing and curating knowledge about payer and provider healthcare information processes and systems, he's also very savvy when it comes to ICD-10 assessment and remediation. Steve blogs at Shimcode.Blogspot.com.
2. Brad Justus, @Brad_Justus, is a health information management solutions expert who regularly Tweets and blogs at BradJustusBlog.com about ICD-10 implementation, education, training, staff augmentation, coding, management and analysis.
3. @AHIMAResources, the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is a professional association with over 64,000 members. Since its founding in 1928, AHIMA has remained committed to quality healthcare through quality information.
4. @ICD10Watch, ICD10Watch.com is a news source for all the latest developments on ICD-10 transition planning, events, technology and more.
5. @PrecyseTweets, Precyse is part of the health information services and technology industry offering information on transcription, coding, workflow technology, HIM, ODM, CDI and ICD-10 education.
6. @3MHISNews, 3M is a diversified technology company serving customers and communities with products and consulting services to hospitals worldwide, helping them improve quality and financial performance.
7. @OptumCoding, formerly known as Ingenix, Optum delivers electronic applications, code books, services and solutions designed to streamline efficiencies, and access to proprietary data that helps healthcare organizations make informed business decisions.
8. Jim Denny, @J_Denny, Jim is the president and CEO of Navicure, an Internet-based medical claims clearinghouse that helps physician practices increase profitability through improved claims reimbursement and staff productivity.
9. @NUAN_Healthcare, Nuance Healthcare provides clinical understanding solutions that improve the quality of patient care, regulatory compliance and financial performance.
10. Jeff Clark, @JeffClarkCT, Jeff is passionate about the healthcare industry and has worked on business process reengineering and HIPAA 5010 conversions and implemented IT programs related to mergers and acquisitions.
11. Kathy McCoy, @KathyMcCoy, Kathy calls herself a "healthcare marketing maven and direct response expert." She actively Tweets and retweets on EHR, ICD-10, mHealth, and medical practice as a whole.
12. Dorothy Trottier, @MedSpecBiller, Dorothy tweets under the Medical Specialty Billing handle. The billing service provides reimbursement and information management designed to maximize the performance of physician-based practices and ASCs.
13. @ICD10Online, the Elsevier Revenue Cycle eLearning site provides training for healthcare organizations who want to optimize their revenue cycle management processes, maintain financial health and manage the transition to ICD-10 with minimal disruptions.
14. @MedReimburse, Medical Reimbursement, Inc. manages the coding, billing and reimbursement associated with over 1 million provider visits annually throughout the Midwestern United States.
15. @ICD10Hub, ICD-10 Hub is a source of information about 5010 and ICD-10 news and events. Sponsored by the AAPC and Navicure, it's dedicated to being a resource to help practices and HIT vendors understand how these transitions will impact the entire industry and how every organization can properly prepare.
16. Ken Bradley, @Ken_Bradley, Ken is the vice president of strategic planning and founding member of Navicure, an Internet-based medical claims clearinghouse that helps physician practices increase profitability through improved claims reimbursement and staff productivity. He's also a self-proclaimed 5010/ICD-10 expert.
17. @WEDIonline, WEDI uses health IT to improve healthcare information exchange in order to enhance the quality of care, improve efficiency and to reduce healthcare costs.
18. @Perficient_HC, Perficient delivers both a national and a world-class portfolio of IT healthcare solutions that foster consumer wellness and education.
19. @HospReviewMag, Hospital Review is an online source for cutting-edge business and legal information for hospital leaders and owners.
20. @ICD10_Monitor, ICD-10 Monitor is an online news and information source created to help healthcare providers make informed decisions as they transition to ICD-10. They present a weekly podcast on Tuesdays.
This list isn't meant to be all-encompassing. If you'd like to suggest additonal ICD-10 tweeters, please do so in the Comments section below.