Organizers say they’re nearing 1,000 registered attendees for today's mHIMSS Virtual Forum, titled “The Future of Mobile Technologies and mHealth: Staying Securely Connected.”
The forum runs from 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. ET and includes six education sessions and an exhibition floor.
The Future of Mobile Technologies and mHealth: Staying Securely Connected
The sessions are as follows:
- “The Future of Mobile Health: An mCare Pilot Project for Wounded Warriors Update,” 10-11 a.m. ET, with Jeanette Rasche Little, BS, MS, project manager for the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command, Telemedicine and Advanced Training Center (TATRC), and a member of the mHIMSS Advisory Council.
- “Privacy & Security of Mobile Devices in Health Systems Settings and Beyond,” 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. ET, with Jason Zellmer, director of strategy and information management for Kaiser Permanente and a member of the HIMSS Privacy & Security Mobile Security and Security Risk Assessment Workgroup.
- “How Mobility Can Improve Decision-Making and Patient Engagement,” 12:30-1 p.m. ET, with David Delaney, MD, chief medical officer of collaborative eCare management and provider solutions for SAP America.
- “Momentum Surges for mHealth,” 1-1:30 p.m. ET, with Michael Pallarino, mobility solutions architect for CDW.
- “Implementing ‘Bring-Your-Own-Device’ in Healthcare,” 1:30-2 p.m. ET, with Bob Nilsson, director of vertical solutions marketing for Enterasys; Ali Youssef, PMP, CWSP, CPHIMS, biomedical solutions architect for the Henry Ford Health System; and Doug McDonald, CWSP, CPHIMS, the Henry Ford Health System’s wireless network manager.
- “Healthcare Mobility: Critical Success Factors,” 2:30-3:30 p.m. ET, with Todd MacCallum, a manager at Nitro Healthcare IT Solutions and chairman of the mHIMSS Device Functionality Workgroup.
The exhibition hall opens at 9:30 a.m. ET. Scheduled exhibitors include CDW, Enterasys, SAP, Aerohive Networks and Amcom Software.
The virtual forum represents an important step forward for mHIMSS, a subgroup of HIMSS that was formed late last year to address any and all issues related to mobility in healthcare, and follows HIMSS’ acquisition earlier this year of management responsibilities for the mHealth Summit. In addition, mHIMSS is a partner in the production of the mHIMSS.org website.
mHIMSS.org will be on hand to provide coverage of the virtual forum, with content provided to its sister publications, including Healthcare IT News, Healthcare Finance News and Government Health IT.
Click here to register.